Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (9): Possession by Elana Johnson


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Okay, I’m still getting through Sweet Venom, I should have been done by this past weekend (since that’s what I said last weekend, and I failed again.  This reading slump sucks).  And since I don’t like doing two teasers from the same book, this teaser comes from another random book on my shelf that I will eventually get to reading. J

Title: Possession

Author: Elana Johnson

Series: N/A (There will be a companion novel soon though)

Pages: 405

Teaser: “I told you Director Myers didn’t want you two together.  Now he has a record that you spent time in his bed.” – Page 222

Description: VI KNOWS THE RULE: Girls don’t walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the rules more than Zenn…and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi’s future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause?  The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.
But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they’re set on convincing Vi to become one of them…starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can’t leave Zenn in the Thinkers’ hands, but she’s wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous – everything Zenn’s not. Vi can’t quite trust Jag and can’t quite resis him, but she also can’t give up on Zenn.
And this is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.

Back Cover Blurb: CONTROL OR BE CONTROLLED.
GOOD GIRLS DON’T WALK WITH BOYS.  EVEN IF THEY’RE GOOD BOYS – and Zenn is the best.  He strolled next to me, all military with his hands claspedbehind his back, wearing the black uniform of a Forces recruit. The green stripes on his shirtsleeves flashed with silver tech lights, probably recording everything. Probably? Who am I kidding? Those damn stripes were definitely recording everything.
Walking through the park in the evening is not technically against the rules. Good people do it all the time. But walking through the park with a boy could get me in trouble.
When darkness fell, another rule would be broken.
  
So that’s the teaser this week, I am so excited to read this book, I searched for a while for a good teaser for you, I hope you enjoyed it & it’s gotten you hooked like it’s gotten me hooked!

1 comment:

  1. You just killed me with that one!! I swear lol now I have to buy it because that teaser was just to good!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me super happy, I read all of them and try to respond to most of them!

This is now an award free blog, I'm super flattered to be chosen for awards, but I can't find time to complete the requirements to pass them on. Thanks!