Monday, June 2, 2014

I'm Baaack!! Did you miss me?

So I know I've been gone A LOT lately (over the past year to be honest), and it's only half because I'm busy in real life. But I'm back; and I plan to stay back with real content about books and book news and such. Starting with a post a little later this week about BEA 2014.

Over the course of the next few months, you will see lots of changes around the blog. Mostly design related as half the reason I'm not on here often is because the design of the blog has been bugging me for a while and I haven't been motivated to fix it. By the end of the year though it will be good. I say end of the year because I'm going to be taking graphic design and web design classes in the fall so I'll probably be needing a pet project to work on for homework assignments and testing things out, so no better place than this blog right? That's what I thought anyway.

I'm going to be posting more consistently again because I'm going to build time into my schedule to read and blog, which currently does not exist so I've been unmotivated to read a lot lately. With no reading comes no blogging as there are not books in my life to blog about (except all the ones I want to read, but that list is entirely too long to play around with).

Also changing, you may or may not be seeing a new name around the blog. My friend Brittanie is still considering becoming a guest reviewer here after attending BEA with me last week. This should be fun because we both enjoy the same books, so I plan to have us both review the books, even if they are the same book that the other person has already reviewed (does that sentence make sense? Someone tell me if it doesn't I'm a little delirious from lack of sleep due to BEA as I write this). I may also go with something like a dialog between us about what we thought about the books that we've both read, posted on here as a dialog instead of as a "review" by each of us. If and/or when Brittanie does decide to join TMB team, I will post a short bio about her in the About page.

Until next time,

Jessica

CURRENTLY READING: The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris.
Progress: Chapter 2. Excited about this one, it was in my BEA haul (which was much smaller this year than in 2012 when I went, but more on that in the BEA post later this week), and I decided it was the first #BEA14 book I am going to read. Already a couple chapters in and it's pretty good so far.

4 comments:

I love comments! They make me super happy, I read all of them and try to respond to most of them!

This is now an award free blog, I'm super flattered to be chosen for awards, but I can't find time to complete the requirements to pass them on. Thanks!