Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new Top Ten list is posted. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read… But Me
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – This is going to be my first set of books bought as soon as I get my Nook, because the trilogy is cheaper online as eBooks right now. I plan to read them before the movie in March at least, so I won’t be out of the loop for much longer.
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – I know, I’m a horrible person, but it makes me feel better to know I’m not the ONLY person that hasn’t read these books. I got through(via my fourth grade teacher) books 1-4, after that I got detatched a little from the story and about halfway through book 5 I put them down. I will eventually get back to these though!
- Divergent by Veronica Roth – I have the book on my shelf but now that the second book’s cover has been revealed I am trying to move this up on my TBR pile. The pile just keeps growing though, it’s getting overwhelming which is why I’m on a book buying ban J!
- Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa – I have the first three on my shelf, and I’ll be reading it super soon… I hope. (I say that about every book I own though).
- Shade & Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready – I have both, and will read these soon, I have to because of all the #TeamKilt awesomeness from the YA Crush Tourney. I voted for Zach in the Tourney based solely on the people on Twitter supporting him and the arguments made during the matches. It was so much fun, so I’m excited to read these books.
- The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare – I just bought all 4 of the books and I’m going to get them signed this weekend, so I’ll read them soon, I just feel like everyone has read these soon.
- Firelight (& Vanish) by Sophie Jordan – I have them both sitting on my shelf. I’ve seen so many good reviews about these books so I’m going to have to start them real soon.
- Anything by Sarah Dessen – I own a BUNCH of Sarah’s books, and I’m going to meet her this weekend at the National Book Festival to get them all signed, but I haven’t read any yet. I’m going to have to get on that ASAP since I’ve heard nothing but great things about these books.
- Anything by John Green – I just pre-ordered his new book (will be signed, I’m excited). I don’t know if this is everyone reading his books or every one of the people I actually talk to about books! I’m going to have to pick up one of these books soon!
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver – I have almost picked this book up like every time I’m at the book store, but I’ve been good and put it back. I’m going to have to eventually break down and buy it.