Thursday, August 11, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (2): National Book Week

Apparently, I forgot to do a Thursday post last week, and I almost forgot again this week.  Thursdays haven’t been good for me, but I don’t know what was going on last week.  Today was particularly bad because I had to take my Calculus 2 final exam.  The class was online all summer, so I was teaching myself, which was hard and annoying.  Anyway, I ended up failing the final so I can’t transfer the credits to my college which means I have to re-take the class in the fall.  It’s a bummer, but I’ll do better with an in class setting than I did online.
Anyway, onto the Booking Through Thursday for the week:

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted at Booking Through Thursday.
So, here’s the question of the week from Booking Through Thursday!

Q. It’s National Book Week. The rules: Grab the closest book to you. Go to page 56. Copy the 5th sentence as your status.  (We’ve done something similar to this before, but it’s always fun, so … why not?)

The closest book to me right now is Lois Duncan’s Stranger With My Face.







Page 56, sentence 5 reads: “A turquoise eagle protects its wearer against evil spirits from the skies.”









Grab your closest book and join in the fun!

1 comment:

  1. My closest book is Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins. The 5th sentence on page 56 reads: "Shoving off my covers, I begrudgingly said, 'Okay, I admit that the image of Cal carrying me up that fancy staircase is...nice.'"

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me super happy, I read all of them and try to respond to most of them!

This is now an award free blog, I'm super flattered to be chosen for awards, but I can't find time to complete the requirements to pass them on. Thanks!