Thursday, June 14, 2012

BEA Wrap-Up: Day 3 (6/7)



(All photos can be found on The Midnight Bookworm’s facebook fan page as well as within these posts)


If you missed Day 1's wrap up, you can find it here!
If you missed Day 2's wrap up, you can find it here!


Finally the last day. As much fun as this week has been it was so tiring that I’m pretty glad it’s over. My parents and I decided we would only bring one of our suitcases because I figured it was a ½ day event so there’s no way we’d get as many books as Tuesday or Wednesday… WRONG! We ended up with only a few less than Wednesday’s haul, but still more than Tuesday’s. I’d come more prepared today, I had sticky notes with what things my parents were supposed to go to that I wouldn’t be able to make it to. It worked out nicely except that I gave myself a galley drop to go to and forgot about it, so I missed out on getting Origin. I was a little upset at myself for missing that one, but figured I had plenty to read in the meantime until the book is released. Anyway, while waiting in line in the morning, we all decided to get a picture in the Reached bubble (with our own cameras since the professional guys weren’t quite set up yet).




The main goal for Tegan and me at today’s event was collect as much swag as possible… starting with the “Authors Are My Rockstars” t-shirt being handed out at Sourcebooks in the morning. We made it over there, got the t-shirts, and were still able to run around to the rest of the morning galley drops.




From there we kind-of wandered around for a couple hours until the first signing event we wanted to go to. Which was for Jocelyn Davies A Fractured Light, and Sarah Crossan’s Breathe. (I sent my parents in line for Breathe while I waited in line for A Fractured Light) (Below: Left; Sarah Crossan, Right; Jocelyn Davies)

  


I’m pretty amazed at how many people would be “in two lines” (or more) at the same time because one signing hadn’t started yet so someone would stay with the bags while the other went off to a different signing, usually in progress, with a short line… then they’d come back and switch off. Tegan and I did this a few times throughout the week.




I thought the “For Dummies” swaggish items were adorable… I mean, who wouldn’t want some Spring Water for Dummies, or M&Ms for Dummies (Which actually say “For Dummies” on each M&M…



We thought the wrapper for the Wimpy Kid chocolate was cute enough to keep… I almost didn’t want to let my dad eat the actual chocolate though when he opened it because of the design in the chocolate! Talk about some expensive advertising… that custom chocolate design could not have been cheap!



Between all 4 days (BBC and BEA), books for me as well as my parents and giveaway titles totaled 166… I’d call that a huge success! I’m going to have lots of fun reading for a LONG time! On Friday, June 8, I spent 7 hours re-organizing my existing bookshelves (2 large five-shelf cases and 2 three-shelf cases) to accommodate the new books from BEA… they are now all in alphabetical order by author and separated by YA, Adult, and Middle Grade sections. The adult and middle grade books share one shelf… all the rest are YA and I was left with about 1/3 of a shelf on one of the smaller three-shelf bookcases left for more books… looks like I’ll need more shelves (and a bigger room) soon. I had so much fun at BEA this year, and met so many great people that I hope to stay in touch with as the year progresses. I am not sure that I’m up for another round of BEA next year, but I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what happens then!

YA & MG Titles Collected Today:
  • Throne of Glass – Sarah J Maas
  • Angelfall – Susan Ee
  • Skylark – Megan Spooner*
  • In Too Deep – Amanda Grace
  • Ripper – Amy Carol Reeves
  • 34 Pieces of You – Carmen Rodrigues*
  • Deviants – Maureen McGowan
  • The Near Witch – Victoria Schwab*
  • The Vow – Kim & Krickitt Carpenter
  • Breathe – Sarah Crossan*
  • The Darkest Minds – Alexandra Bracken
  • The False Prince – Jennifer A Nielsen
  • Darker Still – Leanna Renee Hieber*
  • The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart – Leanna Renee Hieber*
  • Ashen Winter – Mike Mullin*
  • Indelible – Lani Woodland*
  • Hourglass – Myra McEntire
  • Code Name Verity – Elizabeth Wein
  • Hunted – DJ DeSmyter*
  • The Spindlers – Lauren Oliver
  • A Fractured Light – Jocelyn Davies*
  • Prodigy – Marie Lu
  • The Diviners – Libba Bray
  • Poison Princess – Kresley Cole
  • Black City – Elizabeth Richards
  • Return To Me – Justina Chen
  • Torn – Stephanie Guerra
  • Surviving High School – M. Doty
  • Beta – Rachel Cohn
  • Catching Jordan – Miranda Kenneally
  • Eternally Yours – Cate Tiernan
  • The Peculiar – Stefan Bachmann
  • The Great Unexpected - Sharon Creech
PENGUIN SAYS COME SEE US AGAIN REAL SOON!!




ISN'T HE CUTE?!  This penguin was part of the Bloomsbury booth (I would have guessed the Penguin booth if I'd seen it, but maybe that's just me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make me super happy, I read all of them and try to respond to most of them!

This is now an award free blog, I'm super flattered to be chosen for awards, but I can't find time to complete the requirements to pass them on. Thanks!