Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (13): Underworld by Meg Cabot




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: Underworld (Abandon #2)

Author: Meg Cabot

Publisher: Point

Pages: 320

ISBN: 9780545284110

Release Date: May 8, 2012
Description:
Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.

Not this time.

But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.

But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.

And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape.
Why I'm excited: I wasn't so in love with Abandon in the beginning, but by the end of the book I wanted to read this one.  I'm hoping Pierce isn't as... odd as she was in Abandon, but either way I'm pretty positive Meg Cabot will spin some kind of wonderful story.  And check out that cover!! How perfect is it to the storyline? Pretty freaking perfect. I loved that cover when it was released.

Order from:      Amazon       Barnes & Noble       Book Depository

What are you look forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make me super happy, I read all of them and try to respond to most of them!

This is now an award free blog, I'm super flattered to be chosen for awards, but I can't find time to complete the requirements to pass them on. Thanks!