Friday, February 3, 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Today I am reviewing Aimee Carter’s upcoming second novel in the Goddess Test series: Goddess Interrupted.

Title: Goddess Interrupted

Author: Aimee Carter

Release Date: March 27, 2012

Series: The Goddess Test #2

Pages: 304

ISBN: 9780373210459

Description: 
Kate Winters has won immortality. 

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it. 

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. 

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future. 

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.

My thoughts:
I loved this book.  It's really that simple.  Goddess Interrupted is the first book I've finished in 2012 and I was so glad I put down the other books I had started to begin this one.  It took me four days to read this book, which is really good for me, especially lately since I've been in a sort-of slump and no book seemed to keep my interest.  I couldn't put this book down, including during my classes (the beauty of having an eReader).
Kate faces all sorts of new adventures and dangers in this book.  Now that she's immortal, she figures she can't be hurt, so she doesn't need to be protected.  Henry has different ideas which start to get on Kate's nerves (and I applaud her for that).  The family drama surrounding an ancient family of gods is amazing.  I mean, I thought high school had drama, but when you have eons to develop relationships and get on each other's nerves, the drama must multiply.  As if Kate didn't have enough to worry about entering this ages old family and as a queen no less, now she has to deal with her distant husband's ex-wife who still holds his love.  I don't think I could do what she did, I would want to stay as far away from that chick as possible.  The story line was predictable in the sense that I knew when something big is about to happen, but what is going to happen is another whole issue.  And when it did I was like O.O "What the heck just happened?!"  I love that about this book!
This book left me dying for more.  I was hoping it wouldn't end where it did, but I'm excited to read more when The Goddess Inheritance releases.  Aimee Carter also has an eNovella The Goddess Hunt releasing on March 1, 2012, so be sure to look for that as well!

Overall Rating:

Order the Book:        Amazon          Barnes & Noble        The Book Depository

4 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on this one for a little while now. I think I will for sure have to give it a try! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely recommend this one (I plan to reread soon since I read The Goddess Hunt after this one) :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely review! And I like that your star rating matches your theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'm still playing with different ones, I have neon ones that look like they're glowing too. For now I like the blue ones though :)

      Delete

I love comments! They make me super happy, I read all of them and try to respond to most of them!

This is now an award free blog, I'm super flattered to be chosen for awards, but I can't find time to complete the requirements to pass them on. Thanks!