Thursday, January 26, 2012

Review: Crossed by Ally Condie

Today I am reviewing Ally Condie’s newest novel Crossed.

Title: Crossed

Author: Ally Condie

Release Date: November 1, 2011

Series: Matched #2

Pages: 367

ISBN: 9780525423652

Description: 
The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

My thoughts:
I read the eBook version of this book and literally got to the end of the book without realizing it.  I flipped the page and saw "Acknowledgements" and had to flip back a page to make sure I didn't miss something.  Cassia developed nicely as a character. I don't think there was any point in the book when I didn't like her which was great because there were a few points in Matched when I didn't like her.  I thoroughly enjoyed Cassia's journey to find Ky.  The friends she made and lost, really define who she becomes as the story goes.  The book alternates between Cassia's and Ky's point of views every other chapter.  I absolutely loved having Ky's point of view in this book.  Getting into Ky's head and really finding out more about his life story and the way he thinks was great.  Even getting to know Cassia better was great, she becomes a better person once she's out of the society.  I attribute that mostly to the fact that she's not as sheltered anymore and she's actually got a goal in life.  Cassia kept her head up for the majority of the book even when all seemed lost in her life.  The cover of this book is fantastic.  Cassia bursting out of the bubble on the cover so well portrays how she bursts out of society within the story.
I recommend this book to anyone who read and enjoyed Matched.  The series is great for anyone who enjoys a fairly light dystopian read.  I cannot wait for the third and final Matched book to release to get the rest of the story.

Overall Rating:

Order the Book:        Amazon         Barnes & Noble        The Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make me super happy, I read all of them and try to respond to most of them!

This is now an award free blog, I'm super flattered to be chosen for awards, but I can't find time to complete the requirements to pass them on. Thanks!