Friday, September 9, 2011

Top 100 YA Reads, How Many Have You Read?

I thought this was a fun idea I found over at Book Briefs.  I'm not sure where the original list of Top 100 Most Popular YA Books came from, but I thought I'd show you the books I've read.  The ones in Blue font are the ones I’ve read.  The ones in Red are books that I haven’t read YET, but they are physically on my shelf to read soon.  I linked the one book I actually reviewed to the review on the blog, the rest I read before I started blogging.  Which ones have you read?

    Alex Finn – Beastly
    Alice Sebold – The Lovely Bones
    Ally Carter – Gallagher Girls (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Ally Condie – Matched
    Alyson Noel – The Immortals (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
    Anastasia Hopcus – Shadow Hills
    Angie Sage – Septimus Heap (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
    Ann Brashares – The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Anna Godbersen – Luxe (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Anthony Horowitz – Alex Rider (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
    Aprilynne Pike – Wings (1, 2, 3)
    Becca Fitzpatrick – Hush, Hush (1, 2)
    Brandon Mull – Fablehaven (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
    Brian Selznick – The Invention of Hugo Cabret
    Cassandra Clare – The Mortal Instruments (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Carrie Jones – Need (1, 2, 3)
    Carrie Ryan – The Forest of Hands and Teeth (1, 2, 3)
    Christopher Paolini – Inheritance (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Cinda Williams Chima – The Heir Chronicles (1, 2, 3)
    Colleen Houck – Tigers Saga (1, 2)
    Cornelia Funke – Inkheart (1, 2, 3)
    Ellen Hopkins – Impulse
    Eoin Colfer – Artemis Fowl (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
    Faraaz Kazi – Truly, Madly, Deeply
    Frank Beddor – The Looking Glass Wars (1, 2, 3)
    Gabrielle Zevin – Elsewhere
    Gail Carson Levine – Fairest
    Holly Black – Tithe (1, 2, 3)
    J.K. Rowling – Harry Potter (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
    James Dashner – The Maze Runner (1, 2)
    James Patterson – Maximum Ride (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
    Jay Asher – Thirteen Reasons Why
    Jeanne DuPrau – Books of Ember (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Jeff Kinney – Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
    John Boyne – The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
    John Green – An Abundance of Katherines
    John Green – Looking for Alaska
    John Green – Paper Towns
    Jonathan Stroud – Bartimaeus (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl – Caster Chronicles (1, 2)
    Kelley Armstrong – Darkest Powers (1, 2, 3)
    Kristin Cashore – The Seven Kingdoms (1, 2)
    Lauren Kate – Fallen (1, 2, 3)
    Lemony Snicket – Series of Unfortunate Events (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
    Libba Bray – Gemma Doyle (1, 2, 3)
    Lisa McMann – Dream Catcher (1, 2, 3)
    Louise Rennison – Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
    M.T. Anderson – Feed
    Maggie Stiefvater – The Wolves of Mercy Falls (1, 2, 3)
    Margaret Peterson Haddix – Shadow Children (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
    Maria V. Snyder – Study (1, 2, 3)
    Markus Zusak – The Book Thief
    Markus Zusak – I am the Messenger
    Mark Haddon – The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
    Mary Ting – Crossroads
    Maureen Johnson – Little Blue Envelope (1, 2)
    Meg Cabot – All-American Girl (1, 2)
    Meg Cabot – The Mediator (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
    Meg Cabot – The Princess Diaries (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
    Meg Rosoff – How I live now
    Megan McCafferty – Jessica Darling (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
    Megan Whalen Turner – The Queen’s Thief (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Melina Marchetta – On the Jellicoe Road
    Melissa de la Cruz – Blue Bloods (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
    Melissa Marr – Wicked Lovely (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
    Michael Grant – Gone (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Nancy Farmer – The House of the Scorpion
    Neal Shusterman – Unwind
    Neil Gaiman – Coraline
    Neil Gaiman – Stardust
    Neil Gaiman – The Graveyard Book
    P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast – House of Night (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
    Philip Pullman – His Dark Materials (1, 2, 3)
    Rachel Caine – The Morganville Vampires (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
    Rachel Cohn & David Levithan – Nick; Norah’s Infinite Playlist
    Richelle Mead – Vampire Academy (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
    Rick Riordan – Percy Jackson and the Olympians (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
    Rom LcO’Feer – Somewhere carnal over 40 winks
    S.L. Naeole – Grace (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Sabrina Bryan & Julia DeVillers – Princess of Gossip
    Sarah Dessen – Along for the Ride
    Sarah Dessen – Lock and Key
    Sarah Dessen – The Truth about Forever
    Sara Shepard – Pretty Little Liars (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
    Scott Westerfeld – Leviathan (1, 2)
    Scott Westerfeld – Uglies (1, 2, 3)
    Shannon Hale – Books of a Thousand Days
    Shannon Hale – Princess Academy
    Shannon Hale – The Books of Bayern (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Sherman Alexie & Ellen Forney – The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
    Simone Elkeles – Perfect Chemistry (1, 2, 3)
    Stephanie Meyer – The Host
    Stephanie Meyer – Twilight Saga (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Sue Monk Kidd – The Secret Life of Bees
    Susan Beth Pfeffer – Last Survivors (1, 2, 3)
    Suzanne Collins – Hunger Games (1, 2, 3)
    Suzanne Collins – Underland Chronicles (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
    Terry Pratchett – Tiffany Aching (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Tonya Hurley – Ghost Girl (1, 2, 3)
    Wendelin Van Draanen – Flipped

A lot of these are on my TBR list to eventually buy and read, but I have a large shelf of books on my actual shelf to read too.  It looks like I have a LOT of catching up to do! At least I already own a bunch of these so I can read them soon.  & I know, I know, I’m a disgrace to the reading world, only having read the first 4 Harry Potter books, I can’t even technically say that I read them, my fourth grade teacher read all four of them to us during the school year… I need to get on reading those, but so many other amazing books keep coming out that I have to get :(.  & The Hunger Games being on my not yet read list AND on my I don’t own to read list is a big issue for me.  As soon as I get my Nook the trilogy is the first thing I’m buying for it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make me super happy, I read all of them and try to respond to most of them!

This is now an award free blog, I'm super flattered to be chosen for awards, but I can't find time to complete the requirements to pass them on. Thanks!