Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (4): Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I’m featuring Tahereh Mafi’s debut release Shatter Me

Title: Shatter Me

Author: Tahereh Mafi

Publisher: HarperTeen

Pages: 352

ISBN: 9780062085481

Release Date: November 15, 2011

Description: Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old-girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.

Why I’m excited:  First of all… Look at that cover.  Absolutely beautiful, and according to the author’s blog post, they’re shiny!  The back looks AMAZING too.  I love how everything is striken out to say something that makes the power Juliette has a good thing instead of bad.  The inside flap has me intrigued as to what's going to happen in the storyline.  I have been hearing great things about this book around the blogs I follow, so I’m hoping it’s as good as everyone says.  I plan to pre-order this soon… as soon as I get money again :).


Preorder Shatter Me from Amazon (Hardcover or Kindle) or Barnes & Noble (Hardcover or NOOK Book)

Visit author Tahereh Mafi’s blog.

What are you looking forward to this week?

6 comments:

  1. hey! i follow your blog! shatter me looks amazing! here's my WOW post w/2012 books! hope you'll stop by and let me know what you are looking forward to reading from my list! http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh can't wait to read this one. THanks for stopping by Page Turners we hope you will find some great quotes/scenes to participate in TMBA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this on my wishlist for a while. It kind of makes me think of The Nine Lives of Chloe King.

    Here's a link to my WoW.
    http://booksandcollege.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good! I've been excited for this book ever since I heard about it. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! Can't wait for this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome choice! I'm dying to read this! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great weekend!

    Nora, The Bookery

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make me super happy, I read all of them and try to respond to most of them!

This is now an award free blog, I'm super flattered to be chosen for awards, but I can't find time to complete the requirements to pass them on. Thanks!